Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Published!

I received a lovely surprise in the mail yesterday from the Canadian Wildlife Federation. I'd submitted some images to a competition of theirs back in November, and while I didn't place at all, they chose one of my photos to include in their April issue of WILD magazine.

It was this photo of a Viceroy butterfly on a coneflower:

And earlier this year, I found out two of my images submitted to a competition hosted by Cornell Lab of Ornithology's Celebrating Urban Birds calendar.

This cardinal was January:


And this hummer shared one of the summer months, but I can't remember which one off the top of my head.

So yay! I guess I can now say I'm a published photographer. :)

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks! It's not the same as actually selling a photo for publication, but everyone's gotta start somewhere. :)

      Delete
  2. That is amazing Jen! Its always nice to be "officially" recognized!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ben! As I said, it's not like I made any money on it, but it still feels good. :)

      Delete